Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi 400D Digital Field Guide

Bookmark and Share

Author: Charlotte K. Lowrie

Publisher: Wiley Publishing, Inc.

Number of pages: 264

Copyright: 2007

ISBN: 978-0-470-11007-2

print: 4 color

In December last year (2007) I bought a Canon XTi digital SLR camera and I must say for the price point, image quality and functionality that is a good buy for me. I had used several point and shoot digital camera and they were good, but nothing compared to DSLR.

When you get familiar with the camera I found that there are many opportunities I did not understand properly and so decided to buy "Canon EOS ® - the Digital Rebel Xti/400D Digital Field Guide", as I went through the book I found a number of useful items from research and setting up the camera and using the Digital Rebel XTi on photo basics, composition and technique for great photos.

What I liked about the book is that a large number of shots were the camera that the photo was taken in. For example, on page 189 a photograph of a bottle of nail polish on its side with nail polish spilled out. The book explains how a shot is taken, ISO, F stop lens type, speed camera used, etc. This is a feature I found to be very interesting and useful because it helps you understand how you can take great photos in similar situations.

The book is a step by step techniques and provides professional advice for taking pictures in different situations such as the fireworks, street scenes, pets, children and so on.

comment on a book that should be in everyone's backpacks when traveling with XTi DSLR.

My rating: 4 stars out of 5 - excellent book

{ 0 comments... Views All / Send Comment! }

Post a Comment